Everyone wants healthy hair growth, but few manage to get it today owing to a poor lifestyle. Lack of a healthy diet, pollution, chemical-laden shampoos and hair styling products make our hair weak and fragile. Regardless of how many beauty hair products we use, our hair refuses to grow in a healthy manner. So, what is the reason?
Next blog: Does Hard Water Damage your Hair
Well, the prime reason for this is that today, very few hair care products deliver what they claim. Clever marketing gimmicks and strategies make us buy these products only to realize that they hardly deliver desired results. Today, we are going to make our own special DIY hair oil recipe that contains the goodness of natural ingredients. The secret formula has been derived from our ancient Ayurveda.
We all know that coconut oil is great for healthy hair, but, in today’s scenario only coconut oil is not enough. Here is a simple DIY hair oil recipe that can work wonders to your scalp. This one is a herbal hair oil that can thicken your hair and arrest hair fall. It is free from chemical additives too.
DIY Recipe for Healthy Hair Growth:
Absolutely pure, virgin, edible and colorless coconut oil has been used in thome his recipe. Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, myristic acid, capric acid and a few other fatty acids along with a rich dose of Vitamin E. Fenugreek seeds and black cumin seeds are added as well. Before we begin, let us know the benefits of each of these products for hair.
Benefits of Coconut Oil:
- It helps to grow shiny and stronger hair.
- It protects heat damaged and frizzy hair. Coconut oil also reduces breakage and repairs split ends.
- Coconut oil fixes protein loss problems.
- It contains minerals, proteins, vitamin E and other vitamins that nourish your hair from the root to the tip. It also easily penetrates deeper inside the follicles.
- Coconut oil prevents bacterial or fungal infections in the scalp.
- It prevents eczema or dandruff as well.
Kalonji or Black Seed Benefits for Hair:
- Black seed has anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial properties.
- They are a powerhouse of iron, sodium, amino acids, saponin, calcium and potassium.
- Black seeds also contain fatty acids like linolenic acid, volatile oils and oleic as well.
- All these components are essential for healthy hair growth.
- Black seeds reduce hair fall and stimulate the follicles for new hair growth.
- This oil removes scalp irritation and strengthens hair,
- It also prevents premature greying.
Fenugreek Benefits for Hair:
- Fenugreek seeds have high mucilage content that replenish the hair and provide smoothness, allowing the hair to detangle easily.
- They restore lustre in the hair.
- Fenugreek seeds prevent dandruff, scalp irritation and acne.
- These are a rich source of iron and protein – 2 main elements required for hair growth.
Recipe for Healthy Hair Growth:
- One cup of coconut oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons black cumin seeds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fenugreek seeds
- Grind both the seeds equally.
- Add the powder to a cup of coconut oil.
- Heat water in a big wok. When it starts to boil, reduce the flame.
- Add another container containing the coconut oil with the seeds’ powder.
- Stir the oil continuously for 10 to 15 minutes. It is not recommended to put the oil on high flame directly as the heat will kill all the nutrients.
- Remove it from the heating source and allow it to cool.
- Strain the mixture through a muslin cloth.
- Use this oil for healthy hair growth. It is recommended to apply this oil twice a week for best results.
How to Apply this Healthy Hair Oil?
- De-tangle your hair properly.
- Shake the oil bottle well and apply generous amounts of oil on your scalp and then straight to the tips of your hair.
- Massage gently with circular motion of your fingertips.
- Do not massage too much, as it might weaken your hair follicles.
- Apply a hot towel on your head once you are done oiling.
- Let it sit on your hair for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the hot oil treatment. Doing so, will make the oil penetrate your hair follicles and pores easily.
- Let the oil stay in your hair for 2 hours or more.
- Later, rinse your hair with a mild shampoo and follow with a good conditioner.
Do hair growth oils show positive results?
The hair growth oil recipe mentioned-above contains the purest and healthiest hair ingredients that have been used for generations by our ancestors. These have proven results for hair growth when applied regularly over a period of 3 to 4 months.
How long before can I see positive results?
These herbal hair oils take some time to show positive results. But the reason for longer time duration is that they are completely harmless and work towards inner strengthening and conditioning rather than showcasing immediate temporary results. It usually takes a period of 2 to 6 months for such hair oils to show results depending upon the individual’s hair.
Can I leave the oil for more than a day in my hair?
It is generally not recommended to leave oil in your hair for more than a day as it makes more dirt stick to the hair. Usually, an overnight application of hair oil is enough to show results. When you leave hair oil for more than a day, it sticks to your scalp, collects dust and results in thick build-up that blocks your hair follicles.
Is it important to heat this DIY hair oil before application?
You can warm it slightly before using it on your scalp. Do not heat it to a higher degree, as that might kill all the nutrients. Warm oil generally penetrates the hair follicles better.
These are the basic questions mostly asked for hair oil application. Try and use this oil recipe to see great hair growth results. Also, eat a healthy diet, exercise and live stress-free.