There was a time a few years back when one could not even think of a machine capable of washing dirty dishes. A dishwasher proved that man is capable of anything today. It proves to be an absolutely convenient tool to do your dirty dishes, while you enjoy some time with your family. There are many physical as well as online stores selling dishwashers today. You also get some very good dishwashers on the eCommerce store – Lowes. Lowes dishwashers are high in quality and have some very advanced features.
So, if you are still unaware about the working and function of a dishwasher, let’s get to the basics.
What is a Dishwasher and How does it Work?
A dishwasher is an electronic device that washes dirty and used dishes, pans, plates, cups, glasses and other kinds of utensils. These are watertight and do not fill with water like a washing machine. A dishwasher just has a small basin at the bottom that fills up with water. The heating elements then heat the water to 130 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Once heated, a pump propels this water up to the water jets, from where is it pushed out at a force and sprayed against all the dirty dishes to remove the oil, grease and food remains.
It is a robotic sensor machine that cleans and rinses dirty dishes. You just have to load the dirty dishes, add detergent and set the proper washing cycle and turn the machine on. It completes the whole washing cycle by itself, buy first adding the water, heating up the water, opening the detergent dispenser, shooting the water through gets to clean the dishes, draining dirty water, spraying more water to rinse the dishes again with fresh water, draining again and then air drying the dishes to give you completely clean and dry dishes. When you buy a dishwasher from Lowes, you also get free installation and demonstration from the respective agents in your city. You can also look for whooping deals for Amazon dishwashers on sale. You can steal some really good ones if you log in at the right time.
Are Dishwashers Really Useful?
Dishwashers are really useful for working people who are always in a rush to get to the office and get home late by night. They prove to be a boon for bachelors and students who do not have the time to wash the dirty dishes. The best part of a dishwasher is that you can load the dirty dishes, switch it on and go off to sleep at night to find clean and dry vessels in the morning.
Benefits of Washing Dishes in a Dishwasher:
- You don’t have to wash the dishes yourself. This will save you a lot of time and effort. They prove to be a boon if you have a very hectic lifestyle.
- Dishwashers clean more efficiently and are more hygienic as the dishes are hot air dried after washing.
- They come in a single-drawer and double-drawer capacity, which makes it convenient to wash a small quantity or large quantity of dishes as per requirement.
- You prevent water wastage in a dishwasher, as in the conventional way of washing the dishes by hand, you tend to use more water or let the tap run continuously. Dishwashers use a very little amount of water.
- You also use your detergents in a limited and restricted quantity as opposed to hand washing, where you tend to use more.
- You may make your hands dry and itchy by scrubbing utensils repeatedly. Continuous exposure to water and detergents can make your hands dry. If you wash your dirty dishes in a dishwasher, you can protect your hands.
- The dishes are sterilized quite well as the high temperature washes off the bacteria. In a research, it was revealed that all the dishes washed in a dishwasher had an average of one bacterium per plate only, as compared to the hand-washed dishes which had an average of 390 bacteria per plate.
Disadvantages of Using a Dishwasher:
Some dishwashers use a lot of power. This does not make them very economical to run. Another disadvantage of a dishwasher is that some oily or deep vessels may not get thoroughly cleaned at times. You can prevent this by smartly buying your dishwashers. Some good brand choices are Whirlpool and Bosch dishwashers. These are available at Lowes and many other online eCommerce sites.
Some items are not dishwasher friendly such as cast-iron woks or skillets. Some wooden utensils are also not cleaned very well in a dishwasher. But when you compare the pros, it is better to wash these few vessels by hand and use a dishwasher for your other utensils.
Installation of Dishwashers:
Installation of dishwashers is quite similar to that of installing a washing machine. The only prerequisite is to have a piped water connection in the right place. When you buy dishwashers from Lowes, you get a free installation for some brands, while some may charge a nominal fee for installation and demo.
Which Utensils cannot be Washed in a Dishwasher?
The dishes get washed at a high temperature of 45 Degrees and above in a dishwasher. You may also have to pay extra for the dishwasher detergent. It is best to avoid loading it with items that are prone to breakage such as silverware, aluminum, earthenware, copper, brass, anodised or non-stick cookware, ordinary plastic or wooden cutlery and certain other cookware with wooden handles. You can easily wash glass, high-grade plastic, stainless steel, porcelain, melamine and other such utensils that are marked as dishwasher-safe.
So, if you are still contemplating buying a dishwasher, we recommend you go and see how it functions at a friend’s place. You will be surprised by its efficiency. Hurry up and book a Lowes dishwasher now to get the best deals and offers.