We often tend to overlook our carpets while cleaning the house. But you will be surprised to know that these pretty floor covers are the hoarders of maximum amount of dust, germs, mold and bacteria. Carpets do tend to add beauty to your living rooms and enhance the aesthetic appeal of your floors, but you need to look into their absolute cleanliness and hygiene too.
People invest in expensive carpets for their drawing rooms and bedrooms to enhance the look of their decor. Different colours and different styles for different rooms of the house enhance the style quotient of your house displaying your deep sense of home decor.
Carpets not only add beauty to your decor, but also ooze of comfort and softness. But what most people don’t realize is that a lot of dust and germs accumulate in these carpets and this goes unnoticed. Most of the carpets in the houses are breeding houses of a large number of such unhealthy germs which lead to a number of diseases in small children as well as adults in the house. To prevent this, it is highly essential to vacuum and clean the carpets properly. The following points show the benefits of carpet cleaning.
Benefits of Carpet Cleaning:
- Putting the carpets in the sun regularly kills the harmful bacteria breeding inside the carpet. This bacteria otherwise causes cold, cough and such air borne diseases in little children. These tiny parasites cannot bear the strong UV rays of the sun and perish.
- Regular vacuuming of the carpet renders them free of dust and dirt which easily settles in the woollen and synthetic rugs. One gets a dust free home and a healthy atmosphere if the carpets are regularly vacuumed. One must invest in a good vacuum cleaner if they are fond of keeping carpets in the house. Use a high-suction vacuum cleaner to completely eliminate the traces of food particles, dust, hair, germs and bacteria breeding inside your rugs or carpets.
- Little children snack on the go at home and tend to drop little food particles in the carpets which get hidden in them. Ants and cockroaches feed on these food particles and thrive inside the carpets and manage to remain unnoticed. Cockroaches are largely responsible for causing diarrhoea and other such diseases in humans. A thorough cleaning removes the food particles along with all the insects breeding on them. Also if possible, instruct children not to eat on the carpets.
- The carpets lose their sheen and grace over a few months if the dust is allowed to settle on them. The carpets regain their shine and grandeur if they are regularly dusted and vacuumed.
- Clean carpets and rugs are a sign of a well –maintained, dust free and healthy home. It will showcase your skills as a good home-maker.
A good home-maker not only knows to decorate her house well but also takes immense care in the cleanliness of her home to provide a hygienic environment to her family members. So, the above-mentioned points would have convinced you on how important it is to regularly clean and vacuum your carpets. If you want a safe and healthy home environment, carpet cleaning should top your home cleaning checklist.