Are you looking for a shampoo to protect and cleanse your coloured hair? There are many shampoos available on the market that ruin color treated hair and remove the color sooner than you expected. The Indulekha coloured hair shampoo is an excellent shampoo that cleans and nourishes your hair and also protects the color coating, keeping it intact.
This shampoo is an Ayurvedic herbal shampoo infused with rich herbs like Bhringhrah or Bringha, Henna, Shikakai and some others. This brand started its venture with hair oil and with the increasing popularity of its hair oil, it came up with Indulekha shampoo. Just like the hair oil, this shampoo too created a buzz on the market. But is it really effective? Let us find out.
Indulekha Bringha Coloured Hair Shampoo Review:
The Indulekha Bringha shampoo contains the king of Ayurvedic herbs for regenerating hair strands – Bringhraj. Each bottle of this shampoo contains extracts from 9 full Bringha plants. It does not have any color or fragrance. This is not just a hair cleanser but an Ayurvedic medicine for hair.
The ingredients list of the shampoo is not clear. It is mentioned that it contains 6 herbs including Tulsi, Amla, Neem, Shikakai, Rosemary, and Madhyantika as active ingredients.
- Bhringraj – is one of the best herbs to treat hair problems. It prevents premature greying, hair fall, dandruff and other hair problems.
- Amla – Amla contains vitamin C. It helps to cure hair problems such as dandruff, premature greying and hair fall. Amla also helps to maintain the lustre of your hair.
- Tulsi – Tulsi is the Indian Basil that can be used to treat itchy scalp and other dandruff issues.
- Madhyantika – This is nothing but henna and it can be used to maintain pH balance of the scalp. It also promotes hair growth.
- Neem – Neem conditions your hair and treats lice, inflammation, and itching issues. It also nourishes your hair.
- Shikakai – This herb also promotes hair growth and treats hair problems. It makes your hair full of lustre and sparkle.
- Rosemary – Rosemary promotes blood circulation and helps to grow new hair.
All these ingredients make a winning combination, but the list also mentioned these ingredients are included in a very very small quantity. The shampoo also has surfactants, and it was not mentioned whether it is sulphate-free or not.
It comes in a golden colored plastic bottle. It is also available in a 100ml travel-friendly bottle pack.
The texture of Indulekha Anti Hair Fall Shampoo is very thick and yet easy to spread. The fragrance is also a bit weird, similar to Dabur Red Toothpaste, but it does not last long after rinsing. You do not need a lot of shampoo to rinse your hair. It is best to use a hair conditioner after this shampoo as it contains no conditioner.
It does contain amazing 6 Indian herbs that are power-packed with goodness for hair. There is no artificial color or added fragrance and it is available in a travel-friendly package. It is also affordable. But the shampoo does not stop hair fall as it claims. The hair also feels dry as there is no conditioner. It also contains preservatives that are not mentioned in the ingredient list. It is not exactly an Ayurvedic shampoo, but you can use it for hair cleansing.