Nature’s Gate organic shampoo has a very impressive name and features. It sort of clicks in your mind from the very first time. The shampoo has been given a 4.1 star rating on Amazon and has also earned ‘Amazon’s Choice’ badge as it is one of the best selling products. The best features of Nature’s Gate Shampoo is that it is affordable, contains no sulfates or parabens and has a lot of herbal and natural ingredients. Here is a detailed review of this amazing shampoo.
Nature’s Gate Shampoo Features:
- This one is an organic replenishing shampoo. Regular use can result in replenishing of moisture and nutrients back into your hair roots and scalp.
- It is recommended for those having split ends and damaged hair. The shampoo is made from lavender, peony, chia seeds and other such ingredients that promise hair health.
- The shampoo contains many other natural ingredients.
- For those allergic to soy, gluten, GMOs and phthalates, this shampoo contains none.
- It is also completely vegan and cruelty-free.
The shampoo contains a very impressive ingredient list:
- Water (Eau),
- Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine,
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate,
- Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate,
- Lauryl Glucoside, Glycerin,
- Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender/lavande) Oil,
- Paeonia Albiflora (Peony/pivoine) Root Extract,
- Panax Ginseng Root Extract,
- Myosotis Sylvatica (Garden Forget-me-not/myosotis) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric/curcuma) Root Extract,
- Rosa Canina Fruit Extract,
- Rosa Centifolia (Cabbage Rose/rosier centfeuilles) Flower Extract,
- Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Extract,
- Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate,
- Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Tocopherol,
- Ascorbic Acid,
- Glyceryl Undecylenate,
- Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid,
- Sodium Hydroxide,
- Fragrance (Parfum)*
Only the last few ingredients in this list may be problematic to a few. The use of Fragrance or Parfum is not recommended as it may lead to skin irritation. But they have mentioned that the parfum used in sulfate-free. Another ingredient Phenoxethanol can also sometimes cause skin irritations. The other ingredients are all naturally-derived.
- Nature’s Gate Organic Shampoo contains a lot of botanical extracts, all of which are great for your hair and body. The shampoo is a delightful blend of chia, peony and lavender, all which help to replenish damaged hair and restore moisture.
- This shampoo is not certified organic, but is definitely certified cruelty-free, vegan and gluten-free. This makes it easier to use for those who have a problem with gluten or are vegans.
- The shampoo also does not contain any GMOs, phthalates, sulfates or parabens. These ingredients can be very harmful to the body and hence, one can use this shampoo completely without any health hazards.
- Nature’s Gate is one of the few companies in the world that cares about the environment and nature. They have tied up with WaterAid and actively try to help unfortunate children across the globe by giving them access to fresh water. Nature’s Gate also uses Rainwater in their products.
- This shampoo contains Parfum or Fragrance and Phenoxyethanol, both of these can cause skin irritation. It is quite disappointing to see these ingredients in the ingredient list.
- There are some users who have given negative reviews of this product as well. Some have complained that it made their hair rough and stiff, but such reviews are quite less.
Overall, Nature’s Gate Shampoo has a lot of botanical extracts that makes it a great choice. Only if it did not contain parfum and phenoxyethanol, it would have been a great shampoo. But the good news is that these ingredients are probably quite less in their quantities as they are mentioned last in the list, and hence, you can ignore their presence. Using this shampoo can be a personal choice, and you can definitely try it once to see whether it works for you or not. One 18 ounce bottle is available for $4.90 on Amazon.
If you are not allergic to any of the chemical ingredients or parfum used, you can give this shampoo a try as there is an abundance of good ingredients that might give your hair what it needs.