Grout easily cracks, goes missing or gets discolored within a few months, especially in showers. Porous grout lines absorb moisture and lead to staining and mold breeding. The only way to prevent mold breeding and deterioration of your grout lines is to seal them with a high-quality solvent-based epoxy/resin sealers. Today, you even get high-quality colored grout sealers that give you an added advantage of painting and sealing your grout lines in the desired shade. There are a few popular grout sealers available on the market. We have tried and tested a few and here is a detailed comparison review.
Detailed Comparison Review on Colored Grout Sealers:
Granite Gold Sealer:
This sealer from Granite Gold claims to create a barrier on natural stone surfaces and grout. It is a water-based formula that offers maximum surface protection against staining, soil build-up and etching. You should frequently seal natural stone and grout to get long-term protection.
- One sealer for natural stone tile and grout. There is no need to buy a separate product for sealing grout and a separate one for sealing natural stone tile.
- It is a water-based sealer and hence wears off in some time, requiring you to seal your grout and tile again.
- Does not come with color options.
- As only one sealer is provided to seal tile and grout both, you cannot seal your grout separately first. Any moisture present in the grout might lead to mold breeding under the sealer layer, further leading to a hazy look of the tile.
Black Diamond Stoneworks Ultimate Grout Sealer :
This grout sealer from Black Diamond Stoneworks is easy to apply on the grout lines. It is a water-based grout sealer with low odor. It can be used on white or colored grout. It offers protection against oil, coffee, wine or dirt stains.
- This grout sealer is a transparent sealer that can be used on colored or white grout lines.
- It provides protection against all kinds of stains.
- It has very little odor.
- It is water-based. Such sealers do not provide long-lasting protection and you need to seal your grout lines frequently as they keep wearing off.
- It is not available in different color options and only offers a transparent sealing choice.
Aqua Mix Sealer’s Choice Gold Quart:
The Aqua Mix Sealer’s Choice Gold is a no-sheen and natural look penetrating sealer that can be used on granite, marble, limestone, slate, travertine, porcelain, cement, saltillo and masonry. It is best used on platforms and countertops used for food preparations and serving areas. It can be used as a pre-grouting sealer. It provides stain protection and also provides a natural look to your natural stone tile.
- Single sealer recommended to be used on grout and tile together.
- One product can be used on varieties of natural and non-natural tile surfaces.
- Water-based formulation, that comes off quickly on using strong tile cleaners.
- Does not give a permanent solution and one needs to seal frequently.
- Only one product was offered for sealing tile and grout both. If grout is wet, it leads to mold breeding beneath the tile sealer layer, creating a hazy look beneath the sealant.
Caponi is a 2-part pigmented solvent colored grout sealer, which is built on a titanium resin-epoxy foundation. It seals grout while waterproofing the surface to prevent grout from absorbing liquids thereby stopping the occurrence of stains and mold. Caponi also locks out the stains and existing sealers already present in the surface.
- Caponi is a rare formulation of a solvent-based epoxy/resin grout sealer that is way more powerful than other water-based sealers.
- This classy sealer has such a strong titanium density, that it manages to remove all the stains in a single coating.
- It has a 2-Part solvent catalyst nature that makes the sealer chemical resistant.
- It does not peel or flake like other water-based sealers.
- Caponi cannot be affected by harsh chemicals or scrubbing.
- This grout sealer is available in more than 40 different color options, which makes it easier for you to select your grout paint according to your tile shade.
When compared to other products, Caponi offers better features. It is a tad too costly when compared to other products, but that is because of the high-quality ingredients used in its formulation. The high-cost eventually is lesser than the other products as they need to be used again and again. Caponi offers a one-time permanent solution to colored grout sealing.
Thanks for sharing
Comments are closed.